Maurice Trapp Group Limited and Associated Companies –(we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information and the choices you have associated with that data.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
*For the purposes of this Policy “Maurice Trapp Group Limited” refers to:
Maurice Trapp Group Limited –Auckland , Tauranga and Hamilton
Maurice Trapp Group Union Plus Limited
Financial Design Group Ltd -Auckland
Group Plus Ltd –Auckland
Cooney Insurance –Cambridge
Lewis Limited –Napier
KSL Insurances Ltd -Christchurch
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on15 March 2021.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about youfrom:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you by way of assessing and managing your insurance application and policy
- To assess and manage your claims
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to provide customer care and support and improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act. E.g. internal or external audits
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal informationin good faith that such action is necessary to:
- another company within our group
- Insurers, reinsurers and industry bodies
- assessors and Insurers appointed to assess and/or investigate claims
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Actor another law (e.g. alaw enforcement agency or court)
- any other person authorised by you
- Others named on you policies as co-insured or co-owners
- Statutory or regulatory reporting
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS WHEN YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OTHERS
You must not provide us with personal information of any other individual unless you have the express authorisation of that individual to do so. If you provide us with such information about another individual before doing so you:
- Warrant that you have that individual’s consent to provide their information to us
If you have not done this, you must tell us before you provide any third party information
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Please contact us using our contact details on the following pageas soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are, which of our Companies represents you as our client,and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction,that you are requesting).
We take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections and protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, alteration and disclosure. However data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Where required by law, we will notify you of any notifiable privacy breach concerning your personal information.
If you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
|By phone:||09 6305884|
|By post:||Maurice Trapp Group Limited, P O Box 56004, Dominion Road, Auckland 1446|
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
HOW TO CONTACT US